The benefits for members are under intense development. These are some of the benefits currently offered to PHAP members:
Networking and communication tools
- Access to onsite networking events and seminars, hosted in different locations worldwide (depending on the type of event, additional fees may apply)
- Listing in the online PHAP members directory and ability to use the directory to contact other PHAP members with specific professional interests or who are based in a specific location
- Possibility to be profiled in our Featured Member series
- Access to the PHAP member forums
- Possibility to engage in PHAP’s local member groups
- Personalized assistance connecting with other PHAP members in your area or in preparation for relocation to a new duty station
- Subscription to, and the possibility to make announcements in, the PHAP member newsletter
- Free access to the online training course on ‘Essentials of Humanitarian Law’ and a certificate upon completion
- Free or discounted access to future online courses and seminars
- Discounted access to PHAP’s onsite professional development courses on humanitarian law and policy (pending availability, additional fees apply).
- Discounted access to PHAP’s onsite professional development courses on leadership and management of humanitarian action (pending availability, additional fees apply)
- Discounted access to PHAP’s onsite thematic workshops on topics such as 'Islamic Law and the Protection of Civilians', ‘Occupation: Rights Obligations and Contemporary Challenges’, ‘Engagement with Non-State Armed Actors’, and ’Monitoring and Enforcement of International Humanitarian Law’ (pending availability, additional fees apply).
- Be part of the PHAP Continuous Learning Credits (CLC) system to measure and track your engagement with PHAP’s ongoing learning activities.
- Keep your understanding of current issues current with access to live and archived Online Learning Sessions on Humanitarian Law and Policy and Trends and Challenges in Humanitarian Action and their accompanying assessments.
- Reinforce your learning from sessions through written reflections and discuss and learn from the essays of your peers in the membership.
Professional support services
- Discounts with external training providers.
- Specialized services and discounts with external service providers
- Targeted job ads to match your expertise and experience
Engagement and volunteering opportunities
- Share your experiences with other members as a speaker at training courses and other PHAP events
- Help the delivery of training as a course facilitator
- Get editing support from the PHAP Secretariat for PHAP member articles
- Lead the discussion in your field of professional expertise by becoming a member forum moderator
- Participate in the association’s annual general assembly
- Become eligible to be part of the governance structure of PHAP – the governing members and the board of directors